Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2011 kia Sorrento with a navigation system. When I…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 kia Sorrento with a navigation system. When I star the car the screen that displays the backup camera, radio and navigation system does not load. It is white with lines and can take up to 30 minutes before the screen is usable. The radio works but you cannot Change stations using the presets. .any suggestions to foods this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Came with the vehicle, it is the display that controls radio, nav system, and camera

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet, not sure where to start. I have looked at some fuses but don't think that is it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than the display not loading right away everything else seems fine.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Kia Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

This seems to be a common problem on the Kia entertainment/navigation systems. We have had this problem on a few of the used cars that have come through our dealership. It seems that the culprit is usually a melted/cracked circuit board, it has issues making proper contact until it warms up a bit. The repair is usually just a replacement navigation screen assembly, but there are a few audio shops that will repair these if you are willing to pull it out and wait for awhile