Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Adding a trailer hitch, need to just drop muffler onto

Adding a trailer hitch...

Adding a trailer hitch, need to just drop muffler onto support while still connected to pipe. Hitch instructions don't go into how to remove the side and rear hangers

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Kia. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2017 kia, that's all.

3/10/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What model is your 2017 kia?

sorento

ok on that model to get the hangers out simply spray some wd-40 or comparable spray onto the metal and into the fitment, work the rubber mount back and fourth until it slides ok and use a prey bar to pop off, when installing back spray small amount of lube again and they will slide right back on, here is a install video if you run into any snags

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Kia/Sorento/2017/75908.html?vehicleid=201732665

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for the great rating! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel free to add me to your favorites list for assistance in the future.