Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Pigtail was cut off coil have a & what goes to ecm. 04 1.6…

Pigtail was cut off...

Pigtail was cut off coil have a brown & white what goes to ecm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

04 1.6 rio

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just getting started

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just trying to rewire coil

3/9/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

H​ello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me just a moment, please, to review and retrieve your information.

are you still there

Yes. My apologies.

I was gathering information for you. Here, is the information that you have requested. The wires that you are talking about both go to the ECM. They connect to pins 4 and 6 of connector B-05 of the ECM. Here, I am attaching the electrical information along with the ECM location and the connector views of the B-05 connector. This will help you easily locate the wires on the ECM end.

On the electrical diagram I have highlighted the areas of concern.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.