Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

It would not start. battery new and starter replaced but…

Customer Question
It would not start...

It would not start. battery new and starter replaced but still won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are fine. it kept spinning while being cranked so i replaced starter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2013 sorento. key was out while starter spinning

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
3/9/2018
Kia Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

is it still acting that way? as far as continuing to spin with the key out?

It's not spinning now, but will not start

does it crank ok, does the crank sound normal?

never mind. i just wasted $5 and 30 minutes f my time

Im asking you a question. do you not know how to answer it?

when you try to start the engine, does the cranking sound normal?

no, it does nothing

have you tried to start it in neutral after replacing the starter?

ok, do you have a voltmeter?

2.4 or 3.5 engine

no voltmeter i'm unsure of engine size v6

ok, to go any further you need a voltmeter. I need at least a little help on your end here.

i do not have access to one or how to use one

ok, then I recommend finding someone who does, maybe a family member or friend, if not then you need to get it to a shop

ok

let me know if you can get one. I would like to save you a trip to a shop

I'll have it towed to a shop. Do you know of any recalls related to ignition issues for this vehicle?

let me check

no recalls on the ignition but you may want to see if these recalls have been done

i will

ok

hows it going?