Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The car won't start and I think it is the I mobilizer. The…

Customer Question
The car won't start...

The car won't start and I think it is the I mobilizer. The car is a Kia Sorento 2011 EX

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not fixing it myself. I have tried some of the suggestions I saw in YouTube videos. I bought the car used and don't know what the key code is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I changed the battery in the key fob. The car is push button start.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
3/8/2018
Kia Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

If the car does not crank, it could be key or immobilizer.

Cranking, not starting, could be one of many things.

Gary

The car is push button start not key. Does not crank. The icon on the dash shows a car with a key in the middle of it.

I know it is a push button start.

It still has a key programmed to the immobilizer.

Do you have a Kia dealer nearby, since it looks like you will need them for further diagnosis.

The car will need to be towed.

Take all keys with you.

Gary