Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2017 Sportage17 LX. The radio and rear camera not operating.

2017 Sportage17 LX Mechanic's...

2017 Sportage17 LX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?

The radio and rear camera not operating. Reset button did not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

What fuse should I be looking for? I didn’t understand or see it in the manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is my only issue.

I tried the reset button next to radio knob with no success.
Don’t know what fuse to look for or replace
3/7/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Hello Eric. What is my remedy?

I do not know your remedy yer. But there are a couple things to check first. First thing would be to check the battery saver switch. There is a cover under the dash on left side. There is an ON/OFF switch in there. Cycle the switch off and on and make sure it is fully down. See if that makes a difference.

I tried the switch last night. Switch it off and on

Ok. Let me look up which fuses are for the radio.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Backup camera, Satellite radio & Blue tooth computer not active either

It has navigation?

My cell will drop call weak signal. Land line is(###) ###-####

I am unavailable for a call. we can continue here.

No it’s basic LX with no navigation just satellite radio and Bluetooth with commands voice

Ok. Backup camera in the mirror then?

Don’t know what car you are talking about. Kia bade model has rear view camera on tailgate. Camera screen is positioned in the radio
Kia LX sportage17 base model

Ok. Int the interior fuse panel check fuses labelled MULTI MEDIA (15amp) and ACC (10amp). If those fuses are good, and have power to them. I would next try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and reset the system. It is surprising how many times a battery disconnect works. Try that and let me know if you have any luck.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

What should I be looking for when I pull it
Module?

You look at the fuse from the side and see if the filiment inside is blown open

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Don’t I need a tool to remove it. My fingers are too big

Little pliers will work. Sometimes on the cover of the fuse box or in the fuse box itself is a little plastic removing tool. But the often goes missing at some point.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Maybe I should just take it to a mechanic in the morning

That is a possibility. Could you at least take the battery terminal off? It is a 10mm nut that needs to be loosened.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Eric thanks for your assistance. I am closing out this thread and let some one with proper tools and eyes on the problem

Ok. SOunds good. Please take a quick second to rate your experience with me by using the stars above. Thank you and have a good evening.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician