Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

If kia does the repair on my kia transmisson that is out of…

If kia does the...

If kia does the repair on my kia transmisson that is out of warranty how long is that repair warranted

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Sealed system kia said does not require service 2011 optima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No is was fixed by kia dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car was about to run out of warranty I had advised it occ slipped or shifted hard. They kept telling me no code thrown. Finally they fixed now less than 2000 miles it is bad again

3/5/2018
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Generally the power train warranty expires when it expires...so it's likley not covered...you would need to talk to the service manager at the dealership...if you get no where file a case with Kia of North America

The corporate phone # is 1-***-***-****

if I take a car in for repair that is not under warranty and Kia fixes it and I pay it has no implied warranty for the work done

If it's customer pay it's generally 12/12 .Depending on the repair and the shop policy

Thanks for your response John pretty much means if I pay the work is held to a higher standard If your under warranty but close expect a bandaid not surgery. Have a good evening sir

Not 100 percent....they don't stretch the vehicle factory coverage.... Does not mean they cobbled a patch repair

john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy