Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Trying to replace calipers on 2006 kia spectra 5. I cant get…

Trying to replace calipers...

Trying to replace calipers on 2006 kia spectra 5. I cant get the ebrake line off

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Kia Spectra. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I cant think of anything. sorry computer froze

3/4/2018
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

Hi Cliff,
im sorry i broke my phone so i cannot take a pic. i just need help on putting the caliper back on. i cut it off with saw. but im having trouble getting the new on. the cable sits in a notch on a lever that is spring activated. but the notch is shaped like a flare nut so you cannot just push it straight in. is there a special tool for this?

clip a in the pic have to be remove

ok but see where the arm where that clip goes. the one in the picture us shaped like a U, but mine curve inward at the end

the clip should sill pull out with a plyer

thx, ill check,

your welcome please rate the service before you go thanks.

the metal fitting where it goes is too large
i can send more pics used someones phone

is that the new caliper

the old one is the same, i cut it off with a saw

t​hen the problem is the caliper not the cable remove the brocket from the old caliper and use it

y​ou cut the caliper or the bracket ?

unbolt the bracket get the cable on to the bracket then the bracket on to the caliper then the c clip

r u there ??

Well, I figured it out. I had the ebrake on. Thanks for your time.
  • LOL HUSH CAN YOU LEAVE A RATING PLEASE
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician