Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Starts one time fine the next you have to try it 5-10-20-or…

Starts one time fine...

Starts one time fine the next you have to try it 5-10-20-or more times then on the next turn it starts and runs fine, heard of maybe it is a engine ground wire?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yep has all the power it needs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Kia?

2009 sedona

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just looking into the issue then will decide if its an issue for me to take or not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of it

2/27/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! so when its not starting does the starter engage and engine turn ?

No you only get a single click

ok when its in fail condition have someone start and you measure voltage at both wires on starter and let me know what you get, more than likely its the start though but tests will confirm that, I dont like replacing parts unless 100% they are bad

Its starting fine right now, it has gone weeks without an issue, then boom it just clicked, so of course right now its starting fine over and over

No worries on that this question lasts as as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it dosent cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and thats it. so when it fails do the checks and let me know

OK hope its not too long thanks

yeah me too and when you get home try it a few times every day hopefully it does it then

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician