Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2013 Kia Sorento with power seats. Power seats

stopped working the other day...
I have a 2013 Kia Sorento with power seats. Power seats stopped working the other day. I took the seat out and followed instructions as in the prior repair but did not see a two piece connector with a red wire and green w/red wire. Would these same wires apply to this year model Sorento? We also have heat and a/c on this drivers side seat. Do you have pictures or a better description?
1/18/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! Have you checked the fuses yet? Where you talking to another mechanic before this ?

Fuse is fine, No I haven't talked to another mechanic. Saw a prior question that was similar. Took the seat off to see if I could find a connector with red wire and green w/red wire and did not see one.
Also lumbar support works fine.

Have you verified power on the fuse? and yes there needs to be power on the red wire and ground on black, it should be going to the switch

I checked power to the fuse. It is ok. Are you telling me the wires to the motor are red and black? Is this where I can apply battery and ground power to to check the motor?

no the main power coming into the switch are those wires we need to check that first and then go from there

I am getting a little over 12v to the switch.

are all the functions bad? have you measured ground yet?

It appears to be in the switch or motor. Lumbar is working. I need to know how to check the motor to see if it is working.

so front and rear height, slide and recline are not working correct?

Correct.

ok it would be easier to send you the diagram and you will see what you need to check I suspect the switch is bad, be right back with that info

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyvdw9vkgfcsls0/thurs10.docx?dl=0

And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician