Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Its a 2008 sportage the security is not letting us start it.

Its a 2008 sportage...

Its a 2008 sportage the security is not letting us start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I looked earlier but not close enough to see

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about it

1/17/2018
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote as this sometimes works.If this was already tried with no success then the fault codes need to be read out to see what codes are set then those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This can be the key/remote itself at fault needing to be replaced or an issue with the immobilizer sensor at fault needing replaced in some cases.Codes would need to be checked to help locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

It ended up being the antenna coil

That is great to hear the fault has been located.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician