Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2014 Sorrento wont remote start and cant open door. Brand…

Customer Question
2014 Sorrento wont remote...

2014 Sorrento wont remote start and cant open door

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Brand new battery and new batterys in remote

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Kia?

Sorrento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing Wife home cant get in car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there another way to get into car

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 day by:
1/17/2018
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Even if you have a new battery something may have been left on or stuck on draining the battery and is causing this issue here.Check to see if your key has a metal key blade that can be used to unlock and open the door to then access the vehicle then see if a jump start or battery re charge resolves this fault.If it does then you want to have the battery and alternator tested for any issues as well as a parasitic draw/drain test done to see if anything is draining the battery or if anything needs replaced.If you still cannot access the vehicle let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician