Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Started right up yesterday, today turn the key nothing

Started right up yesterday...

Started right up yesterday, today turn the key nothing happens. All lights on but no turn over by the engine. Battery 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Tried to start in park and neutral. Don't know about the wheel lock feature

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Kia?

Forte 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing more than trying to start in neutral and park

1/16/2018
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

Does anything else seem to be working? headlights, radio, etc?

Do you have a multimeter to do some electrical testing?

All light seem to be fine , don't have a multi meter

Most likely the battery has died and it just has enough power to run the headlights but not enough to start the car. This is pretty common when the weather goes from cold to hot and back every day. Do you have jumper cables and someone who can give you a jump?

I have cables and will try that next

That's probably the best bet. If you get your hands on a multimeter I can help you test for additional problems.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician