Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My right side turn signal lights stay on even after the car…

My right side turn...

My right side turn signal lights stay on even after the car is shut off. A neighbor suggested it might be a fuse issue. If so, which one, if not what else could it be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Which fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2012 kia sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it's a fuse, I can do it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it, however I do have a progressive plug in installed .

1/15/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So you want to reset the car first and see how it does

pull negative battery cable then positive touch both cable ends together for 1 min and then wait 15 more install positive then negative and start car.

I will try that, if it doesn't work, how will I get back in touch with you?

just log into your question on the website or though your e mail and respond that way

I unhooked both ends from the battery, but the cables aren't long enough to touch together

just use something metal to touch them together like a long screwdriver

Ok
I did it and got nothing. I can't even jump start it

it wasent having trouble starting before right?

The battery was dead because of the cold and light on, but I could get it to turn over with a jump, now nothing

ok so if its a orginal its prob shot and needs to be replaced, any auto parts store can do a free load test and charge if bad they can sell you one of course and you will have the core there

Ok. I will try replacing the battery. But will that solve the light problem?

The reset should have done that but we will see, we have to get good voltage on there first

Ok. Will contact after the battery swap, either way to let you know.

sounds good ill be around!

Thanks
Changed battery, car starts but lights still on.
Is anyone here?
Anyone at all?

hey I had to step out, do you have the rer led lights on this model?

Nope, I have the bulb in the back, yellow. I have led light in the rear view mirror. I took out the bulb in the taillight so it wouldn't run down my new battery

so that is controlled by a ipm so the next step is to check some signal at the turn signal switch, I would pull that and check white and pink for ground with switch connected

Ok, I think we just surpassed my area of comfort since I didn't understand what you just told me to do. Think it's time to bring it in to kia and let them handle it.
Thank you for all your help.

sure thing let me know if you run into any snags at the dealer,

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician