Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

I have a 2008 kia sorento 3.3 engine. I have a trouble code…

Hi . I have...

Hi . I have a 2008 kia sorento 3.3 engine . I have a trouble code of P0016 . I replaced the crank sensor because it ohmed out to high .I removed the bank 1 solenoid and it was clean and the valve moved with power to it , Still have p0016 code

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

NO . Has a longer crank time to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the crank sensor because ohms were not in spec . I removed the the bank one solenoid to check the screen and it was clean .I powered it up and it moved . don't know what else could cause this trouble code

1/15/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

we have few possibilities here not just ckp , we can have the CKP sensor or OCV or we have a Misalignment of the Timing .

have you replaced timing on it , what is the mileage on it now ?

do we have low oil flow from lack oil change ?

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW DTC P0016 MOST POSSIBLE CAUSES AND TROUBLESHOOT STEPS FOR IT

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No . I have not replaced the timing and the oil is clean

For this DTC to set

DTC Description
ECM monitors timing misalignment while no active faults is present and fully warmed up engine oil at idle.
If the timing is misaligned ECM determines that a fault exists and a DTC is stored.

what is the mileage on it now ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
93494

Take cover off and check timing marks ,if you do not want to guess

this has to be done to be sure or it will be a guess

click on link to view timing marks

'

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok . Thanks . I will get back to you

ok let me know , if that is not the issue , that leaves wiring between ckp and ecm or ecm itself ,but we can get to that later if needed

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat