Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My 2012 Kia soul +, shuts down to about 5MPH and no faster.

Customer Question
The check engine light was...
My 2012 Kia soul +, shuts down to about 5MPH and no faster. The check engine light was on. The temp gauge went to zero before I stopped and opened the hood to see if there was any smell or noise from the engine. When I restarted the engine the temp gauge went back to normal and the car drove like normal. The check engine light was and is still on.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
1/15/2018
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Its hard to say what could have been wrong with your Kia with that information alone. Since the check engine light is on a code has been stored in the computer. If you could have that code checked that would be a big help. Most part stores scan codes for free. Is that something you could do?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!