Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My 2012 kia soul + stopped running above 10 MPH. The

My 2012 kia soul...

My 2012 kia soul + stopped running above 10 MPH . The temperature guaguage goes to zero. After the engine is shut off and restarted the auto is back to normal for a while then it happens again.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

120000 yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am going to take it to dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all that I know

1/15/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

is there a check engine light on dash flashing or steady on ?

each time you turn off ,it reset ,drives a little then go into limp mode or lack of power and ca not pass 10 mph ?

what is the mileage on it now ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

The light is steady on. Yes it resets and when I stop it goes back to limp mode...The mileage is 120000+. I plan to have shop do repairs.

Can you tell me if the temp gauge goes to zero before this happens ?

I believe what is happening is the ( Cam (camshaft position sensor ) CKP sensor are losing ignition signal & computer shutting car off, when you tun it off it reset until it sees fault again ?

ckp ( crank shaft position sensor or cam shaft position sensor ) when you take it to dealer they will scan and get faults for car computer memory and confirm and replace

around $300 fix

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat