Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Sorry - lost connection. I had have sent and email

Hi Sorry - lost connection. I...
Hi
Sorry - lost connection. I had have sent and email previouly.
I was wondering if my 2016 Kia Cerato Premium was too small a car to have a towbar attached
Vonni (Yvonne)
1/15/2018
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Help clarify this for me. Are you asking if it can be towed behind another vehicle with a tow bar or are you asking if you can install a trailer hitch to tow something else? If so what are you wanting to tow?

Sorry my question was not clear.
I would like to know if my car is capable of towing a trailer with a light load safely/satisfactorily. I don't intend towing heavy loads of dirt/sand - I would just like to be able to use my car and trailer to take a rider mower and push mower to town for repairs/services etc.
Many thanks
Vonni

According to the specs on it you can safely tow 610 pounds with an unbraked trailer including the trailer weight. It would have to be an awful light trailer and riding mower to stay within specs.

You can pull 1100-1200 with a trailer that has brakes depending on the submodel.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner