Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My 2014 Kia Forte Koup Ex windows freeze up and now the

Customer Question
My 2014 Kia Forte...

My 2014 Kia Forte Koup Ex windows freeze up and now the passenger window will not roll up all the way. It seems like it might be off the track potentially

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

With the passenger window, yes. The windows have froze up before but not this bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte Koup yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well for starters, I decided to see if warming the car up by storing it in the garage would help but I haven't the slightest idea where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
1/13/2018
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So do any of the windows move at all?

They do move now but with low temperatures and precipitation they freeze and prevent the airlock from working. Right now the issue is with the passengers window. It moves but is not in line and when the door closes, it over hangs on the rear side of the window but it will not reach the top

oh so its off track, what you would want to do is pull the door panel and inspect the regulator to see where it having issues

Is this a common issue with this model? If so, is expensive to be resolved? I have no experience/skill in working on cars- how would i go about removing the panel?

if you have no experience on this it takes a skilled mechanic to diagnose and fix this issue I would take it in to a shop to ensure the problem is fixed correctly, and it shouldnt cost more than 200 for the repair it could be just a adjustment, its needs to be looked at first

Is this a common problem that people have with this model as far as the airlock not working when is below freezing temperatures?I have no experience but I am very quick at picking things up if directed.
Would this issue be covered under manufactures warranty?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tusejubd3rs74yw/sat9.docx?dl=0

It should be covered yes, I just assumed you dint have it after asking how to fix, above is the removal and repair procedures if you want to tackle it

What part of the manufactures warranty should this be under?

it ha a 60k bumper to bumper on that and it will be covered under that

Okay, so there is no way of getting the window back on track without taking it in or removing the door panel?

no

okay, thanks.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician