Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My car is spitting out gas when i pump gas in it. It has a…

Customer Question
My car is spitting...

My car is spitting out gas when i pump gas in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It has a full tank though

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 kia sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, just started today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Even though it spits out, it will still give me a full tank

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
1/12/2018
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Does it spit it out the entire time your filling? is there a check engine light on?