Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The battery is good ,the start relay and main relay clicks…

The battery is good...

The battery is good ,the start relay and main relay clicks but sometimes ,it won't crank. sometimes it does if you do snapping motion to the ignition key

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

203,450

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Normally it does, just started yesterday.its a 2008 kia Sorrento.3.3 liter auto trans 6 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hoping its just a dirty contacts on either relays and not the ignition key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it .the horn ,lights, radio power lock works, appreciate any suggestions thanks in advance

1/12/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you have a test light or voltmeter so we can do some tests?

I have a VOM. The fuses are good.

When it will not start. Wih the key held in the start position and the starter relay removed. At the relay slot check these pins. 30 and 86 power, 85 ground. Do you get those results?

Power on 30 none on 86

Does the ST fuse under the dash have power when trying to start?

If it does not then the ignition switch or the wiring from the switch to the fuse to the relay is faulty.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

where is the st fuse under the dash?
I ve checked that fuse days ago.Ithought there was another fuse under the dash. That's ok I,m towing the vehicle to the shop.

Sorry, you were not pleased with the answer you paid for.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician