Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I had to replace my brake line on the front drivers side now…

Customer Question
I had to replace...

I had to replace my brake line on the front drivers side now i cant get fluid to come out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluid? How old are the brakes?

Yes and i put new pads on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2006 kia sedona

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i removed the rubber line from the van i noticed no brake fluid came out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
1/12/2018
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

How are you bleeding it? is the reservoir full?

the Master is Full I’m using a Minivac

oh I dont like those, they tend to introduce air in the system more than do any good, try the one bottle and tube meathold also run the vehicle and use the booster for extra bleeding power, see if you get any fluid then

Should fluid even be dripping out the line if I got it all disconnected

it should but could have some debris in the line, the booster assistance bleed will rule that out

I tried doing just that earlier no such luck

so there is a collapsed line or restriction somewhere, start at the master and work your way down all you will have to do is crack the line and crank it up and ht the brakes it should leak out if if flowing good

I will have to try it in the morning

ok ill be around let me know how it goes

ok