Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2015 kia optima my navigation screen went out ive…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a 2015 kia optima my navigation screen went out ive tried resetting it and doesnt work it came back on 3 months later for about an hour then went back out again the back up cam still works

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive tried resetting it with ballpoint pen thats what the dealership told me but they said its not covered under warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The radio works for 3 seconds...then goes out for a second....on and off...........but the screen doesnt work

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It came with the car i bought it off the show room brand new 0 miles

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
1/12/2018
Kia Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

try this reset and tell me if it comes on

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it and turn navigation screen on .

please let me know