Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Removed my 2005 Kia Spectra AT shift knob and cannot get it…

Customer Question
Removed my 2005 Kia...

Removed my 2005 Kia Spectra AT shift knob and cannot get it back together correctly, can you help with that and some pics...thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Please read message above...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yer. the rubber around the shift area buckled so I tried to fix that, did not succeed so I removed the knob thinking I could it fixed and now the shifter won't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much will this cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Kia Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

If it more than $10, I'll have to pass.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Kia
1/8/2018
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

So this question is 22$ I guess you dont want help?

that's right. I got it back together. Found the missing spring which was my problem.

well thats good im glad it working again

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician