Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I picked up my car yesterday from the body shop. Then the…

Customer Question
I picked up my...

I picked up my car yesterday from the body shop. Then the check engine light came on P0011

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2007 spectra ex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reset, light went out. But came back on after driving it a little while

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
1/7/2018
Kia Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 4 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

was the light on prior to the body repair??

description of the code

The CVVT (Continuously Variable Valve Timing) system is installed to the chain sprocket of the exhaust camshaft. There is no variation in valve timing of the exhaust cam because the exhaust camshaft is driven by the timing belt. The timing of the intake cam is varied by the relative operation the CVVT vane to the housing. The CVVT controller regulates the intake camshaft angle using oil pressure through the OCV (Oil Control Valve). As result, the relative position between the camshaft and the crankshaft becomes optimal, and the engine torque improves, fuel economy improves, exhaust emissions decrease by changing the valve open/close timing of the intake camshaft.

DTC Description

The deviation of the camshaft position from the target point is evaluated during stable driving condition. The ECM accumulates this deviation for a certain period and sets DTC P0011 when the accumulated deviation is too high. The target camshaft position is predetermined value depending on engine speed and throttle angle in the ECM.

PROBABLE CAUSES:

• Oil Control Solenoid Valve
  • Engine Oil Level or Condition
  • Low Engine Oil Pressure
  • Engine Control Module
  • Wiring or Connectors

are you there??

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest