Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My dash light for emissions problems came on yesterday and…

Customer Question
My dash light for...

My dash light for emissions problems came on yesterday and today flashed and stayed on. Being a sunday I didn't know what to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

How would that help?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a 60yr old woman and I have never fixed a car in my life

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No other problems except that the car has lost power when taking off from the lights

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
1/7/2018
Kia Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

The flashing indicates the engine is likely misfiring, you will need to get it scanned to see why it is misfiring if that is the case.

It is usually a bad ignition coil, but would require a mechanic to review it. I suggest doing a search in your area of available repair shops that can assist you on sunday if you need it fixed on a sunday.