Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2005 Kia Sorento EX. The motor dies when I slow…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a 2005 Kia Sorento EX. The motor dies when I slow down or stop. Do you think it is the fuel filter and if so, where is it located. Thanks, Bob

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts alright then motor dies. Always been a gas hog. can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is at my home overseas but after I returned after 3 months it started right up and I drove it for about 25 miles then motor started dieing when i slowed up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Location of the fuel filter[s]?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
1/7/2018
Kia Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Sorry I can't help you with this

Kia Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

the fuel filter is inside the fuel pump assembly in the tank

can I help with anything else?