Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2015 Cadenza will not start. Display does not illuminate…

Customer Question
2015 Cadenza will not...

2015 Cadenza will not start. Display does not illuminate when start button and break pressed. Have tried both key fobs. Fobs will activate trunk release. Waiting for a tow truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No but also tried a never previously used second fob to no avail

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cadenza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have tried nothing other than using a second fob and activating shift lock release

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
1/7/2018
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. You may have a deeper issue on the vehicle such as a bus communication problem, failed module, wiring, etc, but it sounds as if you may just have a dead battery. If you're wanting to attempt diagnosis yourself then start by checking battery connections and fuses. If ok then the next thing you'll want to address is the battery itself, either swapping in a known good battery or having this one tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will load test batteries for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.