Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

My third brake lights are not working. I’ve replaced all six…

Customer Question
My third brake lights...

My third brake lights are not working. I’ve replaced all six bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

That’s checked with every oil change. My break lights work . It’s the top light not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2014 Kia soul

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I’ve changed the fuse and we replaced all six lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it. Brake lights works . Just the top light isn’t lighting up

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Kia
1/4/2018
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The lower brake lights and upper brake light are on the same circuit. So let's check the 3rd brake light wiring to see if you are missing ground on the black wire or power from the brakes pressed on the green wire. Next, we need to follow the wire harness from the lamp to see if we can find a wire break.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician