Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Key stuck in ignition will not go left battery flat replaced…

Customer Question
Key stuck in ignition...

Key stuck in ignition will not go left battery flat replaced with new it f

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

It just turned 1 click to left the steering wheel will move

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2005 soreento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sorry haven't got to do much of anything got the flu start tomorrow

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Key for stuck before one day just released

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
1/2/2018
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Even though the key will not rotate back to the off position so it can be removed. Will it still turn to the start position allowing the vehicle to start and drive?

This concern should end up in us needing to electrically check the park switch on the shifter and ignition lock solenoid when you get better.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris