Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

It just click few times and trying to jump start won't work…

Customer Question
Hi, it just click...

Hi, it just click few times and trying to jump start won't work either. Checked that the connections are Ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just the first time and from the starter. Just like when battery is bad, but it should start with the jump.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

Car is two years old

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Kia?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to jump start it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Kia
12/31/2017
Kia Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

It sounds to me like the starter solenoid is having issues. If you have the battery hooked up to a jumper/charger and still have the same problem then it is one of two things, either there is high resistance in the battery cable, or the starter solenoid is failing. Do you have a multimeter that can measure voltage?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do have a multimeter.

Okay great. Without the jumper connected can you tell me what the battery has for it's voltage

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this is going to charge my card every time I reply? Lets disconnect, no more charges please.

No it only charges you the amount you agreed upon, but I will submit a refund and the charges will be taken off immediately :) Have a great holiday!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician