Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have 2014 Kia Optima. Just got home put car in garage and…

Customer Question
I have 2014 Kia...

I have 2014 Kia Optima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just got home put car in garage and there is ticking noise coming from the back end of the car...it has been going on for several minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just noticed it a few minutes ago and sounds like it is coming from the passenger rear of the car...below the trunk

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has now been ticking for a least 5 to 10 minutes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
12/30/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is this tick consistent or sporadic?

Do you have the ability to search around and pinpoint the source for me?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris