Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2005 kia spectra5 replaced brake light switch now the front…

Customer Question
2005 kia spectra5 replaced...

2005 kia spectra5 replaced brake light switch now the front brakes are locking up, do not think related but why would this happen

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Fuid is at max level

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spectra5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled off front calipers brought the pistons in and put back on they still locked up

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
12/29/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This usually means the switch is adjusted wrong and holding the brake pedal on. Try changing the adjustment on the switch, it should resolve the problem for you. Just set it up so it's just touching the pedal and opens when you push on the brakes. I am sure this is the issue since it happened after switch replacement.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!