Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I changed the battery out on my 2009 KIA Spectra and now can…

Customer Question
I changed the battery...

I changed the battery out on my 2009 KIA Spectra and now can not turn off the alarm system which came on when I did,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No this is the first time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried stating the car. Tried locking and unlocking the car door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was fine before the battery died. Drove it yesterday. There is a blinking dashboard light indicating the system is on.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/28/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The light that is blinking what does it look like, and where exactly is it?

The car will not start, correct?

Your key fob does it say KIA on the back?