Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My 2014 Kia Sorento all wheel drive did not seem to kick in…

Customer Question
My 2014 Kia Sorento...

My 2014 Kia Sorento all wheel drive did not seem to kick in on the snow today. Had a front wheel bering replaced earlier in the week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Very good condition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, had it in a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just wanted to know why the all wheel drive may not be working. Weather is in the 20 degree range

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/26/2017
Kia Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great.

Did your Kia have any warning lights on today? If they left anything loose or forgot to clear the codes when they were working on the bearing it would deactivate the AWD system from engaging, but if that is the case there should be a warning light illuminated or a code stored