Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I locked my keys in the trunk of my 2017 Kia Optima. I

Customer Question
I locked my keys...

I locked my keys in the trunk of my 2017 Kia Optima. I called a locksmith who got the doors open but I can’t get the truck to open to get the keys. It’s Christmas so no dealers are open and I am 9 hours from home

Mechanic's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Optima?

Last night. Unlocked only the trunk this morning to get something out of the back and dropped the keys in and before I realized it closed the trunk lid

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?

What do you mean. I do have a google account on my phone

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Are we talking about a car or phone

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
Hello
12/25/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Thank you

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

I m sorry to hear about the issue you are having , click on link to view the diagrams for rear seat and tell me if this what you have and do have an access hole there ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

if you flip the arm rest in rear seat , what is behind it ?

that looks like my seat and behind the arm rest is just a black cover

look around that cover for a latch , it should pop in or out,can you see anything ,use a flash light if u have too?

also is the trunk release cable from driver side a latch you pull ,for a cable or it is a switch button you press ?

do you have a lot of stuff in trunk that could have catch on the latch ?

No there is no latch or cable

ok ,switch no cable

were you able to push that cover in or pull out to have access to rear trunk latch

No

that is the only way in at this time and further testing is needed in cases it is the trunk switch or power to it .

there is no known issues with rear trunk latch, i m assuming something is caught between the latch and the trunk frame

do you hear a click form the trunk solenoid if you stand close to it from outside and another button press button, ?