Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Brake lights will not come on in back of van what is

Customer Question
Brake lights will not...

Brake lights will not come on in back of van what is problem. Also no acceration on gas pedal what is promblen

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Fluid is fine is it the brake light switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2005 kia sedona

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

Do a acceratior sensoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do a accerator sensor come on a 2005 kia sedona

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/23/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a test light or multimeter for testing?

Someone else working on van no brake lights nor no acceration on gas pedal also van will not go into drive is there a acceration sensor a 2005 kia sedona van
No phonE call

So the van is at a shop? And your wanting idea of whats wrong? are they not doing a good job diagnosing things?

And yes there is a throttle position sensor

HHAVE changed throttle body sensor 3 weeks ago is accerator sensor different from throttle body sensor brake light switch will it fix no brake lights also no signal a
As well

they are probably calling it that, and its the same thing, and you have to check the system and not replace parts to figure out where the brake light issue is

Will not go into drive original problem bad fuel pump now no brake lighs no
Drive now also no acceration when put foot on gas pedal

so your not working in the vehicle right?

Someone else working on van

ok so how can I help you?