Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I need a wiring diagram for a 2004 Sorento rear window latch…

Customer Question
I need a wiring...

I need a wiring diagram for a 2004 Sorento rear window latch

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to see about that diagram for your Kia Sorento. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
12/23/2017
Kia Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician  replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you working on a door lock issue here?

rear hatch window lock

Okay thank you for the clarification, See the wiring diagram in the link below. This should cover all locks on your Sorento. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij2drl20z8uok72/door%20lock%20system%20Dec%2022.pdf?dl=0

That didn't answer my question. I have pulled the rear hatch window lock out of the rear hatch. I'm looking at the connector that goes to the lock. I need to know what the wires on the connector are attached to.

Are you referring to the lock side of the connector or the signal side?

That didn't answer my question. I have pulled the rear hatch window lock out of the rear hatch. I'm looking at the connector that goes to the lock. I need to know what the wires on the connector are attached to.Sorry - the signal side.

The signal comes from the integrated control module located in the left kick panel. the signal circuit is the same red and white wire that feeds all the other door locks as well. If the signal is okay from the module then you should have up and down voltage at the lock while working the switch.

That didn't answer my question. I have pulled the rear hatch window lock out of the rear hatch. I'm looking at the connector that goes to the lock. I need to know what the wires on the connector are attached to.Sorry - the signal side.I have two black wires, a red wire, and a blue wire. Where do they all go? Can I presume that a red and black wire operate the lock, and a blue and black wire go to an open window switch?
That didn't answer my question. I have pulled the rear hatch window lock out of the rear hatch. I'm looking at the connector that goes to the lock. I need to know what the wires on the connector are attached to.Sorry - the signal side.I have two black wires, a red wire, and a blue wire. Where do they all go? Can I presume that a red and black wire operate the lock, and a blue and black wire go to an open/close window switch?

The wires in the diagram are not matching the colors you're referring to. Are you working on the locking system or a window issue?

That didn't answer my question. I have pulled the rear hatch window lock out of the rear hatch. I'm looking at the connector that goes to the lock. I need to know what the wires on the connector are attached to.Sorry - the signal side.I have two black wires, a red wire, and a blue wire. Where do they all go? Can I presume that a red and black wire operate the lock, and a blue and black wire go to an open/close window switch?A locking issue. However, with the corrector disconnected, the open hatch window light on the dash remains lit. I'm thinking that I can short out the wires that feed the light but I need to know which wires.

I'm going to open this back up for you. I'm not clear on what you're needing. I do not seem to have the wiring that matches what you have in your car.

That didn't answer my question. I have pulled the rear hatch window lock out of the rear hatch. I'm looking at the connector that goes to the lock. I need to know what the wires on the connector are attached to.Sorry - the signal side.I have two black wires, a red wire, and a blue wire. Where do they all go? Can I presume that a red and black wire operate the lock, and a blue and black wire go to an open/close window switch?A locking issue. However, with the corrector disconnected, the open hatch window light on the dash remains lit. I'm thinking that I can short out the wires that feed the light but I need to know which wires.I wish to disconnect the lock on the rear hatch window because it opens randomly while the car is in motion. I figure that the best way to do this is to disconnect the wiring to the lock. I did this by removing the connector. Now, however, I get an indication on the dash panel that the window is open. I'm thinking that I can simulate a closed window signal by connecting together the wires that go the open/close window switch in the lock. The wires in the connector that go to the lock are 2 blacks, 1 red, and 1 blue wire on the non-lock side of the connector.