Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My kia soul had its key turned to the accessory function and…

Customer Question
Hi, my kia soul...

Hi, my kia soul had its key turned to the accessory function and the key was pulled out before the ignition was turned back to off. The key will now not go back I to the ignition to be able to turn the car on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes the steering wheel turns. No the key is not work, it's a 2017 soul

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not fixing. My granddaughter was listening to the radio and forgot and pulled the key out while it was still in that position

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it. I'm stuck

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/23/2017
Kia Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

did you still need help with this?

No thanks. A part was needed to repair the ignition

yes, that is what I suspected. Please select a positive rating to complete the question.