Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

After being parked on incline my Soul EVO will not engage in…

Customer Question
After being parked on...

After being parked on incline my Soul EVO will not engage in forward or reverse. It will engage after I put it into neutral and let it drift.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Soul?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing other than putting it into neutral gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

600 miles. No fluid leaks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
12/22/2017
Kia Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

if the car is struggling on an incline then its very likely to be low on oil / transmission fluid

so I'd say thats the next step - to check the fluid level

You can top up the box through the side fill plug if required and make sure you use the correct oil for your car as the fluids are not all the same. Some manufacturers recommended a change of the type of fluid - Speak to the local dealer and parts dept - they will advise you on the updated fluid to use..

If that’s all OK then check all the electrical connections of the gearbox, remove each connector in turn and spray with contact cleaner. Check that the wiring to the gearbox is in good condition with no chafing or frayed wire

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician