Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2005 kia sorento... drivers door closed still turns on dome…

Customer Question
2005 kia sorento... drivers...

2005 kia sorento... drivers door closed still turns on dome light and unlocks door... can push in with my knee and sometimes get it to shut off ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes lubed door latch

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
12/22/2017
Kia Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician  replied 4 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. What you need to do is inspect the door jamb switch for the drivers side door. This is more than likely going to be the cause of your issue. This switch is responsible for detecting whether the door is open or closed and allows the vehicle vehicle to turn the lights on, etc., when it is open. If this switch is faulty, then you will have the issue that you are experiencing. To cure this issue, you need to replace the switch. Another thing that could cause this issue, is if the door is somehow not fully shutting. This is usually the case if the door has been damaged or if too much pressure has been applied and the hinges are bent. Although, the most probable cause is going to be the door jamb switch. Here, I am attaching the electrical information along with the location information.

Here, I am attaching the parts and labor information for the switch. The labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Is it exterrnal or inside door

This is an external part. If you open the door, you will see it where the door meets the body.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician