Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2013 kia soul with hood closed and cable disconnected. How…

Customer Question
2013 kia soul with...

2013 kia soul with hood closed and cable disconnected. How to open

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried following only on line that I could find on another make of kia- no help at all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
12/21/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

To be honest, this task stinks, it is not easy at all.

You need to go through the grill with a socket and long extension to remove the latch bolts. Once it is unbolted lift the hood enough to get to the latch so you can manually release the latch. Then you can make the repairs. I believe the bolts are 10mm. I have attached a photo below.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

There are three bolts in a triangle shape. The pick showed the top two bolts. The bottom bolt in the triangle pattern is the only one that is accessible through the grill. Thank you for your effort. Will have to try another method.
Thanks again for your effort. No other assistance required. Will attempt to figure out another method. Merry Christmas! Take Care

Unfortunately, there are no other methods to get to the latch without destruction. Sorry, you were not pleased with what you paid for.