Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2012 Kia Soul with 125K miles. I replaced the

Customer Question
I have a 2012 Kia...
I have a 2012 Kia Soul with 125K miles. I replaced the control panel around 60K because when I took the Control Panel apart I found it was fried. I got a new control panel, (which is the 3rd for this vehicle) and it worked for a short time. I am trying to get this up and running for my 90 year old mother. Unfortunately, the fan motor does not work.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
12/21/2017
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the control panel continues to short out or fry internally check the wiring leading to it for any issues with the wiring shorted or damaged needing repaired or replaced.If this is found o.k. and the fan motor is not working as well it is very possible the fan motor is shorting out causing the control panel to burn out with both the fan motor and control panel itself needing to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete