Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

KIA Sorento 2007-2008 model Automatic radio aerial wont go…

Customer Question
KIA Sorento 2007-2008 model...

KIA Sorento 2007-2008 model Automatic radio aerial wont go down all the way down .where do I replace it ? under guard or inside car ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No aerial goes down to the last stage then stops and just goes clunk clunk clunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I can

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
12/19/2017
Kia Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

LHD petrol?

ULD Petrol

standby

3.3 or 3.8?

3.5ltr

sorry, I don't have information on that vehicle. only American made.

Great, I just paid you $26.00 for what? no answer, only I don't know. I am not happy with that. get an answer.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Kia Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

do you still require help?

Sorry I did not get back sooner such a busy time of year. Any way this is a common problem with that type of antenna. What your experiencing is the clutch inside the motor area slipping. This is usually caused from the plastic cable that winds around the drum is jamming for some reason, such as crud getting into the mechanism . This can sometimes be repaired by just replacing the mast part of the antenna, but in some cases you have to remove the whole antenna assembly to clean it out and replace it. If too far gone replace entire antenna.You can use aftermarket ones that work just as well and far cheaper .I will send you pics of the mast and some ideas of replacement assemblies. If there are any further questions you may have let me know.

these are a couple places you may find the parts you need.

I already knew what the problem with the antenna was, all I wanted to know, was how to get the antenna out. Do I go in under the guard, or do I get the antenna out from the inside of the car. That was a pretty simple question, and you still have not answered the question. I don't know why I went onto this site to ask the question I should have asked any mechanic and I would have an answer by now.
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician