Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I'm having problems turning the wheel when I'm driving is it…

Customer Question
I'm having problems turning...

I'm having problems turning the wheel when I'm driving is it possible I might need power steering fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Yes there is whining

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2006 Sedona

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

It went completely out this summer took it in to get fixed and now it's hard to turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I'm at work so I won't be able to answer my phone

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/18/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked the power steering fluid yet?

No I can check it in a little bit I'm at work right now

ok let me know how that goes and we can go from there, if its low there is a leak somewhere and that needs to be located and adressed, also the fluid for that is very special so you cant just add any power steering fluid so you can either get that from dealer which I always recommend and Valvoline makes some that you can use any auto parts store should have it

Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 6 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!