Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I installed a OEM Kia remote starter in my wives 2015

Customer Question
I installed a OEM...

I installed a OEM Kia remote starter in my wives 2015 Sorento. All went fine. It does what it should do except now I cannot get the tailgate to open. I have gone through the trouble shooting steps in the installation manual. I see there is a hotline for issues but as a nontech I can't call it. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

? what should click?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

All the troubleshooting steps in the installation ,maual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, guess not

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
12/18/2017
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would double check to make sure all was wired properly for this install.Usually, this is an installation fault with wiring connected incorrectly or a wiring connection bumped loose or disconnected in some cases.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, thanks for the reply. I have disconnected and reconnected all of the MANY connectors. I have reseated fuses and the DNA module. I suspect the wiring in the I/P-K is the culprit. (that is also where the Kia troubleshooter says to look) I'm hoping you can help me with two things: If I get you the VIN and the Part number for this remote start can you confirm that they are compatible? And, If they ARE, then contact the tech hotline to see if this is a know problem with possibly a work around. Thanks!

Your welcome

Unfortunately, I don't have access to check the part numbers for this system from your VIN or am I able to myself to contact a tech hotline to see if this is a known issue with the dealer's tech support.This has to be done by a dealer, unfortunately.I wish I could access this in allot of cases but unfortunately, this is dealer only for this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete may be knowledgeable but does not have the tools (Access) to answer my question.

Would you like me to open your question up to others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Pete, Technician