Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Trying to pass inspection. The report says the evaporation…

Customer Question
Trying to pass inspection...

Trying to pass inspection. The report says the evaporation system and
catalytic coverter lights are not ready.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

My mistake: From the inspection failed report codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2008 Sorrento LX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I replaced the evaporation sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it. I want to pass inspection.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/17/2017
Kia Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

after the work was done and the codes cleared how long has the vehicle been driven ?

Originally the engine warning light came on. At the auto parts store they said it was either the purge evap system selenoid or the gas cap. I replaced both. Went to inspection and did not pass. There were 3 not ready emissions test results. 1) 02 Sensor, 2) Evap Sys, 3) Catalyst. Inspector suggested drive 50 miles or more and come. Did so. Again failed with same results. At the auto store was told to unhook the negative cable from battery for an hour or so. Did so. Again failed two results. The 02 Sensor status said ready but the other two were not. That's were I am right now. The engine light keeps turning on again.

if that light is coming on there still is a problem and the monitors will not run if the codes were cleared and the the light comes back on there is a code or codes that need to be fixed to go further here and once fixed and the codes cleared drive it for 100 miles back roads and highway for a week or so then restest and the monitors should run by them

but your issue is the light still comes back on and those codes need to be fixed

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?