Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Have a 2014 kia soul do you have any obd 2

Customer Question
waveformsubstitute of pin 3 and...
Have a 2014 kia soul do you have any obd 2 waveformsubstitute of pin 3 and pin 12
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
The kia soul has no up shift no speed reading and no codes
No speed reading in cluster
12/17/2017
Kia Mechanic: indy-tech, Technician replied 2 months ago
indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician
Is your ABS or traction warning lights on when the engine is running
Greg
no lights and also the speed signal on the abs is working on all the the speed sensors they read when you drive also on the pcm code reader it reads mph on the scan tool but when you go to the tcm side it does not read any mph also the cluster does not mark the mileage the individual wire from the abs module to the pcm that send speed signal works i verified it with a lab scope from there it uses the data networks to transmit the mph to the other modules . In their model the pcm and tcm seem to be the same computer built into one . my question is what is the pin 3 obd to signalspd signal yellow wire and the pin 12 lt/blue wire that seems to be the a kline protoclo but not sure
I think I got figure out on my own I see where I went wrong
Okay good work on your side .
Vehicle speed is normally from front left on the Kia . But if you have the signal from all four speed sensors
At the PCM then I would check first at the dealer if this is a PCM malfunction where a reflash is needed ??
Greg
For some reason I don't have the input and output transmission speed sensors don't know how that would affect the cluster reading but yes on the shifting problems thank you for your help though
you don’t have any transmission malfunction codes?
Looking more like a pcm malfunction.
When I get back into work will recheck this .
Greg
It was the input and output speed sensor inside the Trans for some reason it was not setting codes and thate what gives the speed signal on pin 3 of the obd 3 connector everything working good thank you
Obd 2 sorry typo
Okay good work on your side .
Need anything else please let me know .
Happy Christmas and new year
Rgds Greg
indy-tech
indy-tech
indy-tech, Technician