Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Immobilized indicatorr warning lite is on my 2018 Kia

Customer Question
Immobilized indicatorr warning lite...

Immobilized indicatorr warning lite is on my 2018 Kia Sorento. I can’t start the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Kia Mechanic to figure that out. What year is your Sorento?

2018 Sorento EX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Don’t know what to do

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
12/17/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle anti theft modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

but we can try A Master reset in case was a glitch and anti theft triggered on

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat