Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2012 kia forte ex and im trying to find the

Customer Question
Hello i have a...

Hello i have a 2012 kia forte ex and im trying to find the location of the bolt where i can loosen the tension on the drive belt

Mechanic's Assistant: What shape is the drive belt in? Do you know if it needs to be replaced, or just adjusted?

It needs to be loosened to take off so i can easily axcess the water pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. all im asking is how i can loosen the belt.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/16/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Which engine do you have in this please?

Im not sure. Its a 2012 kia forte ex

Ok, there should be a label under the hood that will tell the engine size. It's important so I can give you the correct information. it will either be a 2.4L or a 2.0L.

2.0 l

Thanks, ***** ***** a couple minutes to come up with some info for you.

Thank you.

I am sorry, the manufacturer hasn't provided any info on the drive belt. From what I can tell in the diagram, it's using an automatic tensioner. If the belt is loose then the tensioner will have to be replaced to resolve the problem. If you can send me a pic I should be able to determine which is the tensioner and how to remove it.

Im just trying to put the belt back on sir. and i cannot because there is to much tension between pullys.
We had to remove a pully and use a flat bar just to get the belt off and now we are attempting to put it back on

Here is a link to what the tensioner will look like under there.

https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/belt-tensioner/duralast-belt-tensioner/164283_297531_0